Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Experlogix MPCpe 4.6 is available

Today I will be upgrading the Experlogix MPCpe to version 4.6. I'm looking forward to some of the improvements. They've streamlined the installation process and and moved their files from the administrators directory to the %ALLUSERSPROFILE% which should make it much easier for me to delegate the maintenance of the system to non-administrative users. Which is a beg deal for me, because I have the sales manager adding new parts as need by her sales folks.

The new release seems to be focused on reducing adminstrative overhead on my part. Of course I'm all for that. But some goodies have been tossed in to helps the users as well. Being able to copy a configuration is a nice feature some of my users will love. I can't wait to see the custom model selector, if it's what I think it is, it could reduce some entry time for our users.

After the install I'll report what I've found and give you my impressions.

No comments: